Management must understand the division of work, how authentic authority works, why is it necessary to establish consistent disciplines not excluding collaborations of unification, human and resource equity, performance scalabilities & measurements, morale outreach and executing and maintaining initiatives safely.
Having a clear management structure in place is vital for any successful organization. Efficient and well intentioned management sets the tone for the rest of the staff. It is common for the attitude approach of managers to filter through the entire organization, so having managers working in an exemplary way is an excellent example for employees to follow.
Management is essential to any organization that wishes to be efficient and achieve its aims. Without someone in a position of authority there would be organizational anarchy with no structure and very little, if any focus. It has been said that management has four basic functions – planning, organizing, leading and controlling. Common sense dictates that without these principles of management being in place an organization would have trouble achieving its aims, or even coming up with aims in the first place! A classic theory on the principles of management was written by Henri Fayol. It seeks to divide management into 14 principles. We’ll take a look at these basic principles of management and explain them in easy to understand terminology.
1) Learn who managers are and about the nature of their work.
2) Know why you should care about leadership, entrepreneurship, and strategy.
3) Know the dimensions of the planning-organizing-leading-controlling (P-O-L-C) framework.
4) Learn how economic performance feeds social and environmental performance.
5) Understand what performance means at the individual and group levels.
6) Create your survivor’s guide to learning and developing principles of management.
Together, we make it possible.